Aaron Brown CNN

sorely

New member
Sep 10, 2001
1,994
1
0
What happened? Anderson Cooper indicated that Brown had left CNN, but no reasons were given nor any destination revealed.

Brown was the best newscaster on CNN with a quiet probing approach that seemed to ask the tough questions.

Anybody know the real story?
 

sorely

New member
Sep 10, 2001
1,994
1
0
Just checked some of the blogs. It looks like Brown is too cerebral for the American public and was pushed out by the CNN powers that be.. They want more of the "dumbed-down" format "a la FOX."

So now we get two hours of Anderson Cooper , the cute little pretty boy who
has trouble putting two words together but looks good getting "blown" by Katrina.

Another push in the downward slide of American society.
 
Last edited:
Sep 8, 2003
3,767
0
0
Away from here.
www.reddit.com
sorely said:
So now we get two hours of Anderson Cooper , the cute little pretty boy who
has trouble putting two words together but looks good getting "blown"ina.
You're kidding, right? Cooper is a very smart puppy. I too find him very annoying (way too much coffee) but you can't say he's stupid.

Brown is one of the best and he'll land on his feet.
 

sorely

New member
Sep 10, 2001
1,994
1
0
Mao Tse Tongue said:
You're kidding, right? Cooper is a very smart puppy. I too find him very annoying (way too much coffee) but you can't say he's stupid.

Brown is one of the best and he'll land on his feet.
It's not that Cooper isn't smart; it's just that they don't use his smart's, just his cute little sound bite quips. He probably has some depth, but it sure isn't utilized.

CNN is losing what little credibility it had. It's becoming like FOX and People Mag.

The stupid ones at CNN; are Blitzer and King; eventhough, they are making a tonne.
 

zydeco

Active member
Aug 16, 2003
1,493
1
38
I amazed that CNN took a light weight like Cooper and put him in that time slot. IMO he's entirely unimpressive as a tele-journalist.
 

sorely

New member
Sep 10, 2001
1,994
1
0
Gloria , and as well, I think he has been around the world hot spots, but he needs maturity; maturity that he could have received from someone like Aaron. Unfortunately the Yanks don't believe in building strong foundations. They want immediate ratings and profits with no thought for the longer term. And the longer term for them is 3-6 months.

I'm surprised that they didn't slot Paris Hilton in. Maybe if they had, I would keep watching. She is such a smart, sexy, slut....:p
 

sorely

New member
Sep 10, 2001
1,994
1
0
Two good ol' boys were sitting on a fence right beside the railroad tracks. One said to the other," We better move. Here comes a train and we might get blown off."

The other says," C'mon train !!!"

I think I heard that at least 45 years ago. (uhhhh, before I was born)
 

Scarey

Well-known member
your kidding me

he was probably the best that CNN had....and one of the few that gave them any credibility.I really can't understand what was going through thier minds if they pulled the plug on him.
 

sorely

New member
Sep 10, 2001
1,994
1
0
Scarey said:
he was probably the best that CNN had....and one of the few that gave them any credibility.I really can't understand what was going through thier minds if they pulled the plug on him.
I think you hit the point. A large portion of Americans don't give a sh*t about credibility. Just look at the current administration in D.C.

National Public Radio in the U.S. is quite good and is up "there" with the BBC and CBC. There is nothing really comparable on television.

Aaron will probably turn up on NBC or ABC where his talents will hopefully be better appreciated.
 

rub & tug

Banned
Oct 31, 2005
54
0
0
Mao Tse Tongue said:
You're kidding, right? Cooper is a very smart puppy. I too find him very annoying (way too much coffee) but you can't say he's stupid.

would he even have a job if he wasn't gloria vanderbilts kid?
 

peteeey

Well-known member
Aug 18, 2001
1,885
328
83
This is great. Probably the most intelligent insightful statement ever written on TERB.

enduser1 said:
Hi,

Don't forget FOX cherry picked it's best people from CNN, ABC and NBC. For example: there is Greta Van Sustren the "Aruba Teen Queen" who was, and O' Reilly who is, a five star USDA Jerk. Utterly unwatchable by Canadians. But, then, FOX is for Americans.

You have to look who is big in broadcasting right now, for example: Stern and Limbaugh on radio. Limbaugh is an Oxycotton opiate addict who spews right wing vitriol for 25 million a year. As for Stern, hey, anybody who wants to bang twin Maxim girls is OK in my book.

The thing I find so stunning about American society and television in 2005-2006 is what they all agree on: 1) America is a superpower, 2) America is "indespensible" 3) that regardless of their political views, "they are 100% right".

IMHO the USA is a nation desperately cashing in on it's superpower legacy by building an empire before their time, the world's patience and their credit runs out. If Bush's gamble pays off then America will control the next century. If His gamble fails......

EU:D
 

great bear

The PUNisher
Apr 11, 2004
16,163
54
48
Nice Dens
When travelling in the USA television news is quite dependable. First there is a story regarding a fire, next a rape case, then a riot generally involving blacks, then a good news story about someone saving someone else's kitty stuck up a tree, then the last item will be world news spot regarding the break up of Russia.
 

Berlin

New member
Jan 31, 2003
11,405
5
0
Mao Tse Tongue said:
Brown is one of the best and he'll land on his feet.
Agree.

I can still recall watching CNN ( which I rarely did ) on that tragic day in 2001. Hopefully, he'll find much greener pasture.
 

peteeey

Well-known member
Aug 18, 2001
1,885
328
83
Don't forget a clip of "our boys" giving candy to Iraqi children and one soldier saying how demoralizing it is that the real story isn't getting out.


great bear said:
When travelling in the USA television news is quite dependable. First there is a story regarding a fire, next a rape case, then a riot generally involving blacks, then a good news story about someone saving someone else's kitty stuck up a tree, then the last item will be world news spot regarding the break up of Russia.
 

Hard Idle

Active member
Jan 15, 2005
4,952
21
38
North York
I'll admit he was well informed, but I imagine people found him a dullard. To borrow from a review of Bob Newhart "..like watching time-lapse photography of a man washing his feet."

Personally I found him too languid and depressing when covering unpleasant stories, he seemed to wallow in. It is almost indecent for a man to wallow that much in front of an audience.
 

sorely

New member
Sep 10, 2001
1,994
1
0
Hard Idle said:
I'll admit he was well informed, but I imagine people found him a dullard. To borrow from a review of Bob Newhart "..like watching time-lapse photography of a man washing his feet."

Personally I found him too languid and depressing when covering unpleasant stories, he seemed to wallow in. It is almost indecent for a man to wallow that much in front of an audience.
I miss him. It's nice to hear the truth once in a while. Now it's back to La La Land !
 

sorely

New member
Sep 10, 2001
1,994
1
0
Anderson is fine but he needs maturing and wisdom which Aaron had bucketloads of.

Is Grace the legal dog who looks like a snortin' dragon?
 
Ashley Madison
Toronto Escorts