Hot Pink List

Age Barometer

bigshot

Well-known member
Aug 16, 2003
1,365
34
48
A Little dab'l do ya

How about Brylcream. My Dad always had a tube for his hair. Their radio tag line was "a little dab'l do yah".

This whole exercise is getting a little scary! I paid a very expensive psychiatrist to erase all of those memories. Thanks alot folks.

bigshot
 

glaeken

New member
Feb 28, 2004
664
1
0
Anyone remember The Pop Shoppe with Eddie Shack as the spokesman. For that matter, does anyone remember Eddie Shack.

FYI, The Pop Shoppe brand was revived a few years ago.
 

rembrandt100

Member
Oct 14, 2003
211
1
18
Toronto
the only one that I do not remember is butch wax. And BTW I have a bag of blackjack gum on my kitchen table right now. I got it at a nostalgic candy store in Parry sound this summer along with about $50.00 worth of other stuff and I did not even go near the coke memrobilia.

Dave
 

rembrandt100

Member
Oct 14, 2003
211
1
18
Toronto
I just went thru the rest of the thread.

Shit am I old!!!!!!!!!!!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lickorlaine: you fingers stuck to them because no one used them right.....you had to run water on them before you pulled the lever

Mufflicker: the only one there I do not know is tube radios

Meesh: I had a 64 valiant and a 64 Plymouth Belvedere both push button trannies!!!!!!1

Svend: superballs Dropped one off of a 25 story building once. Wow

thighspy
Registered User


Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: ontario
Posts: 394
Old???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about Ice boxes??And having to get up in the middle of the night to drain the pan--which always slushed over my belly.Talk about awake.
Of course one could buy a Fridge for a $ down and a $a week,(If THEY could catch you)Gas at 17 cents a gallon,bread from a Bakery at 11 cents.And it was real bread,it even tasted like bread,not plastic.Milkbottles,with a cream catcher on the top.Milkbottles with the money for the milkman on the porch.Now one is lucky if the porch is;nt stolen ---yes yes i remember honest people.Pussy for 10 $?????OYESSS.
But ,there was also a little book -sort of Passport for Alcohol ,you bought too much,and one was cut off. 3 People was an assembly,and was broken up by the police,And on -----
__________________
life is to short to hurry

Granny had an ice box and the delivery dude had a thick leather sholder pad so he did not freeze. The other fellow with a sholder pad was the coal delivery dude. He dumped the bags into the basment window then counted them to make your bill. I remember 25 cents getting a loaf of bread and a quart of milk. Home delivery....... Mom used to steal the cream off the top of the bottle for her coffee. The milkman on Palmerstom Ave used to send the horse around Palmerston SQ. and then do the south bound side of the street. He had whip marks on the rear side of his buggy so we knew better than to hitch a ride on the back. Do you remember kneeding the oleo package to get it to turn the same color as butter?

Eddie Shack lives on Glencairn Ave between Bathurst and Avenue road.

dave
 

TheNiteHwk

New member
Aug 22, 2001
6,058
0
0
71
Downtown Toronto
www.profile.to
glaeken said:
Anyone remember The Pop Shoppe with Eddie Shack as the spokesman. For that matter, does anyone remember Eddie Shack.

FYI, The Pop Shoppe brand was revived a few years ago.
What use to be The Pop Shoppe in Ottawa is now a SC called NuDen.:p
 

Coach

Member
Jul 9, 2002
681
0
16
Up Here,ON
Anyone remember Esso Power Players? Those were the little stickers, kind of like hockey cards, that you bought when Dad bought gas at Esso. I still have the album that you put them all in. I got the whole set of, get this 14 teams! These 2 brand new teams came into the NHL, Buffalo and Vancouver!! Vancouver had this young defenceman named Pat Quinn!! I kept the album all these years. I remember asking Dad, "can we get some gas Dad?". He had a blast with it too!!

Damn I'm old.
 

glaeken

New member
Feb 28, 2004
664
1
0
TheNiteHwk said:
Speaking of Eddie Shack... back in those days... who remembers Bobby Orr? Or was it Bobby Hull? I bugged my Mom for ages to get those skates that had #9 on the ankles.
It was Bobby Hull, Bobby Orr was #4.
 
Ashley Madison
Toronto Escorts