Audio input for Macs

yoniluvrca

Member
Sep 16, 2002
787
0
0
www.angusmagee.com
Hi,

Anyone have any info on microphones for a Mac Powerbook G4?

I have found one that I am interested in-the Macally iVoice II-and wonder if anyone has any experience with this type of hardware.

I am using it to record sessions-that is two people talking-and it is unlikly that I would use it to record music.

I have heard that direct USB mics can pick up noise from the computer. Reviews on this product are a bit scarce.

Thanks in advance

YL
 

xarir

Retired TERB Ass Slapper
Aug 20, 2001
3,763
1
36
Trolling the Deleted Threads Repository
My limited experiments with microphones on my Mac (desktop, dual G4) confirm that many microphones do pick up computer noices (fans, hard drives). I found that a higher quality line-level microphone gave me the best sonic results.
 

yoniluvrca

Member
Sep 16, 2002
787
0
0
www.angusmagee.com
The built in Mic works great-until the fan kicks in-then it is all you can hear on the recording. I have borrowed a telex-USB mic which works well but am looking for something a little more portable.
 
Ashley Madison
Toronto Escorts